- Studio: Sillysoft
- Historical period:
=> All in Lux Delux and Catle Vox
=> Ancient art of war in Ancient Empires Lux
=> American Revolutions & Civil Wars in American History Lux
- Gameplay: Turn by Turn Strategy
- Platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux, iPhone
- Official site: http://sillysoft.net/
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_(video_game)
- Video trailers:
=> Lux Delux Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNfqpuazmzA
=> Lux Delux Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vy1AIfqxk
=> Castle Lux Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpI2DvCO3I
Lux Delux is a game of strategy and domination inspired by the board game Risk. Control your armies to conquer and hold strategic countries on the map. The object of the game is simple: Take over the entire world!
Challenging Artificial Intelligence: Play versus 11 different computer AI personalities. They start at easy and go all the way to hard (with a capital HARD). Lux provides a strong matchup even for experienced Risk game players.
Easy Network Play: Joining an online multiplayer game is as easy as 2 clicks – no need to muck about with IP addresses. Hosting an internet-wide game is just as simple. Now is the perfect time to start climbing the world wide rankings.
Strong User Base: Lux has an active user community. The regulars can be found hanging around in the forums and playing multiplayer games online. Come and join the party.
Hackable: Use the built-in Map Editor to create your own maps. Send it in and we’ll add it to the Plugin Manager. Programmers can create AIs and random map generators with the Lux SDK provided by Sillysoft.
IPhone version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lux-dlx-2/id299813413?mt=8
Variants & Sequels:
- Ancient Empires Lux takes you through all the great early civilizations of mankind. Ancient Egypt, India, China, Greece, Rome, and more are yours for the taking. The game has a total of 58 ancient nations for you to control. You can play as just the strongest, or work cleverly to achieve victory from the humblest of starts. Hours and hours of fun are yours to be had in Ancient Empires Lux.
- American History Lux is a campaign through the wars that have shaped American history. Beautiful hand crafted maps take you on a timeline starting with the colonization of North America up till the Iraq War, with everything in between. The game includes scene setting music and links to detailed history on each of the wars. The 4 varied difficulty levels are meant for new prospects and experienced Luxers alike. Without delay, American History is yours to replay!
- Castle Vox is a next generation computer strategy board game. Capture all the enemy Castles to win!