Wargamers of all continents have dreamt of it for endless nights … and The Lordz Game Studio finally did it, beautifully!
In 1994 Strategic Simulations Inc. (SSI) released a title that would change the face of strategy gaming forever. Panzer General delivered an exceptionally easy to learn gameplay system and was such a captivating game that it became a benchmark for future designers for years to come.
In 2011 a project developed by The Lordz Games Studio and published by Slitherine, now sees fans of the series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps keeps an unmistakable “PG feeling” whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance.
Iain McNeil, director of Development at Slitherine said: “With this game we are trying to bring the golden age of strategy gaming back to its roots. This game is Slitherine’s homage to one of the greatest strategy titles of all time and we are working hard to ensure we capture the flavor of that masterpiece, yet update it with features and a graphical style that will appeal to a modern strategy gamer”.
Tim van der Moer, Managing Director of The Lordz Games Studio said: “There are many World War II strategy games out there, but Panzer Corps will blow you away. We are putting all our efforts to make a memorable game, that can stand the test of time the way Panzer General did”.
Panzer Corps features 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical ‘what if’ scenarios based on your actions.
The game is absolutely huge:
- 400 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes with 20 detailed parameters to identify units abilities, 17 terrain types affecting gameplay in various way. Panzer Corps will celebrate the glory days of strategy gaming with the aim of attracting new players to the genre;
- Campaign: all 26 scenarios are combined into a large campaign tree with several entry points at various stages of the war. Depending on the outcome of each battle (decisive victory, marginal victory or defeat), the player will be faced with different challenges and a progress along different parts of the campaign tree;
- Nations: all major and many minor nations represented: Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Great Britain, USA, USSR, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Albania, Romania, Greece and more.
- Core units that travel with you throughout the campaign gaining experience and that can be upgraded as new weapon technologies become available.
Panzer Corps Wehrmacht is a brand new turn-based strategy game that reinvents a classic genre. Set in World War II, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht puts the player in charge of Axis armies, taking their core force with them through the entire war. The use of combined-arms tactics requires each general to make use of the strengths and exploit the weaknesses of their opponents.
Its multiplayer mode, an improved version of Slitherine’s award winning PBEM++ system, allows players to easily find opponents anywhere in the world enjoy playing them with none of the hassle. Panzer Corps Wehrmacht is designed to replicate the feeling of a classic wargame, but brings it up to 21st century standards and to a whole new generation of gamers.
Just can’t wait to put my hands on it for real!
- Video Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkF8WsKXGk
- In-Game video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47b3sprm20w
- Official site: http://panzer-corps.com/
- Like it on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lordz-Games-Studio/162489177110682
- Buy it now from Slitherine: http://www.slitherine.com/games/panzer_corps_pc
- The Lordz Game Studio: http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com